|Survive the Nights|
Survive the Nights is a First Person zombie survival game developed by a2z(Interactive).
In August 2014, Survive the Nights Kickstarter closed, earning £108,398, greatly exceeding their £12,000 goal.
- First-person multiplayer
- Community based
- Realistic survival techniques
- Unique gameplay
- Windows and Mac
- Every structure is enterable and unique
- Every structure is fortifiable
- Boards, planks and furniture can be used to fortify structures
- Booby traps for buildings you've invested time in
- Store your found items and loot in buildings
- No uninhabitable spaces
- All vehicles can be repaired or modified
- All vehicles are fuel based and require fuel to function
- Vehicles also require numerous parts to function
- Combine household items to create tools or weapons
- Combine and modify parts for vehicles and equipment
- Craft traps to protect you, your structure or vehicle
Day and Night CyclesEdit
During the day
- Gather food and water
- Gather planks, boards and lumber to fortify your structure
- Set traps around the perimeter of your home
- Fuel up generators and repair electrical panels to provide your structure with electric
- Day-cycle activities define your chances of surviving the following night cycle
During the night
- Start your generators they'll provide light/electric/heat
- Activate any surrounding traps or devices
- Find your favourite vantage point
- Murder anything that moves
We would like realism to be maintained here. If a player doesn't eat for a few hours, he won't die, but will become sluggish. Death from starvation should take a number of days at minimum. We want hunting/trapping and foraging to not just be a chore but a real benefit to the player. A weak under fed traveller will be sluggish slow to action unable to carry a decent amount of weight. The opposite being true also, a traveller with a high calorie diet will move faster, aim better, carry more weight etc.
- Trapping small animals and rodents
- Hunt larger game like deer, fox, sheep
- Fish in lakes and ponds
- Find canned goods and preserved food supplies
- Forage for wild berries and edibles
- Take to streams to fill water bottles or activate well pumps in homes to access the water supply
Our island is set in a colder climate and the game features a fully dynamic weather system. The summer months are warmer and stormy while the winter months are harsh and much colder. Keeping your body temperature up will be necessary.
- Start campfires in the wild
- Power home heating systems
- Find shelter on cold dark nights to conserve body heat maintain physical state
- Killing other players will eventually result in a mental breakdown
- Blurred vision, shaking hands, voices and visions only the player can see and hear
- Further abuse will result in unavoidable suicide
An important aspect of any multiplayer game is leader boards, achievements and leveling your character in order to move up in rank. Survive the most nights to gain server wide rep. Level your character to better your skills.
- Leveling up will be old school. Do something enough and you'll get better at it
- Hunt to improve your trapping abilities
- Shoot to improve your accuracy
- Fortify a lot to improve your carpentry skills
Weapons will be found and made. Finding weapons shouldn't be an impossible task you're in the middle of the country side where everyone owns a gun. Something we've already had some success working with is using most items as weapons. You'll be hard pressed to find yourself in a situation where you can't defend your life with a weapon of some type.
Tools and machinery can be used for many things. You'll need certain tools to fortify homes and buildings, certain machinery to power homes or access water supplies. Being able to place window fortifications and securing buildings quickly could be the difference between life and a very bloody death.